The Basics of Childbirth Education
Our general childbirth education courses focus on discussing the basics of everything from pregnancy, labor, birth, and the postpartum. This class is geared to be relevant and help prepare you no matter what kind of birth you have- hospital, birth center, medicated, unmedicated, Cesarean, or home birth.
Cost of Classes:
Weekend Intensive: $200
Private Class: $250
Registration includes the birthing person and one support person.
Upcoming Class schedule:
Intensive Weekend Classes:
August 17 and 18, 2019 (10am-3pm both days) (FULL)
October 19 and 20, 2019 (10am-4pm both days)
December 14 and 15, 2019 (10am-4pm both days)
Please note: If we do not have at least 2 couples registered, class may be rescheduled up to 48 hours before the start time of the class. If this happens you will be notified and can choose to attend the makeup class or another scheduled session. If no other dates are convenient for you, your class fee will be refunded.
Topics covered include:
- Aspects of a normal pregnancy
- Red flags and warning signs in pregnancy
- Common screenings and tests in pregnancy
- Dealing with pregnancy discomforts and their causes
- Nutrition and exercise in pregnancy
- Legal rights of pregnancy and birth
- How and why to make a birth “plan”
- Different labor patterns
- Coping with contractions
- Position changes and comfort measures for labor
- Common hospital procedures in labor and postpartum
- Types of non-medical and medical pain relief
- Support for all types of birth
- What happens when the plan needs to change?
- Tests and screening of the newborn
- What to expect with healing postpartum
- Baby Blues and Postpartum Depression